Are you suffering from a cracked, broken, or decayed tooth? Don’t worry; dental crown placement is one of the most effective and reliable solutions available. At Simply Crowns in Pflugerville, Texas, we provide treatments like dental crowns to help restore and improve your smile. Dental crowns are customized tooth-shaped caps placed over damaged teeth to restore function and appearance.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll help you understand the dental crown placement procedure from start to finish. So, buckle up and get ready to learn everything you need to know!
What’s a Dental Crown and Why is it Needed?
Before we dive into the details of the dental crown placement procedure, let’s first understand what a dental crown is and why you might need one. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that cover the visible portion of a damaged tooth. They’re used to restore the strength, function, and appearance of the tooth, especially if the tooth is cracked, broken, or severely decayed. Crowns can enhance the appearance of your smile, cover misshapen teeth, or support a dental bridge or implant.
The Dental Crown Placement Procedure
The dental crown placement procedure typically involves two visits to the dentist. Dr. Poest, Dr. Bhakta, or Dr. Talebloo will help you through both visits and ensure you receive quality and comfortable care while you receive your dental crown.
Appointment One (Prep)
During the first visit, your dentist will examine the damaged tooth, remove any decayed or damaged parts, and shape the tooth to fit the crown. They’ll also take an impression of the tooth, which we will use to create a custom-made crown. Dr. Poest, Dr. Bhakta, or Dr. Talebloo will give you a temporary crown to wear while we send the impressions of your tooth to a lab here in Texas to make the permanent crown.
Appointment Two (Delivery)
During your second visit, we will remove the temporary crown and we will place the permanent crown over the tooth. Dr. Poest, Dr. Bhakta, or Dr. Talebloo will then shape and polish the crown to ensure it fits comfortably and looks like a natural tooth.
After your dental crown placement procedure, it’s essential to take care of your restored tooth properly. Proper maintenance of your smile after a dental crown placement includes:
- Oral Hygiene: After a dental crown placement, ensure you take care of your smile by brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing every night. By brushing your teeth, you can get into the habit of taking care of your smile and can help prevent the need for another dental crown.
- Special Diet: Avoid hard or sticky foods that can damage the crown. You should also avoid chewing on hard objects like pencils, ice, or popcorn kernels, which can damage the crown or even your natural teeth.
- Check-ups: Regular dental check-ups are also essential to ensure the health and longevity of your crown and natural teeth.
Things to Consider Before Getting a Crown
Before getting a dental crown, there are a few things to consider:
- While dental crowns are generally safe, there is a small risk of complications such as nerve damage or allergic reactions.
- The dental crown placement procedure requires healthy gum tissues and a strong underlying tooth structure, so it may not suit everyone.
Dental Crown Placement in Pflugerville, TX
Are you ready to get the affordable care you need to restore your smile and enhance the appearance of your teeth? Look no further than Simply Crown in Pflugerville, Texas, where we provide excellent care from our expert dentists, Dr. Poest, Dr. Bhakta, and Dr. Talebloo. Dental crown placement is a highly effective and reliable solution for restoring damaged teeth. Get the care your smile needs with dental crowns by scheduling an appointment with one of our dentists at Simply Crowns today!